Thursday, May 10, 2012

What We'll Have at Market and a Couple of Recipes



We'll be at the South Durham Farmers Market again this week, here's what we'll have:


Lettuce Mix
New Zealand Spinach
Prepare it just like regular spinach.
Arugula
Romaine Lettuce
Spinach
New Zealand Spinach -  new this week!
Beets
Turnips
Sugar Snap Peas
Kale
Chard

Herbs

Flowers 

Pottery



Cow Cup!



Here are a couple of links to recipes for what is abundant in the garden right now.

I tried this recipe for Swiss Chard, Spinach and Rice Gratin and it was awesome, I did switch out kale for spinach and used muenster instead of gruyere. I think I used a little more cheese than they had listed. It was really good, both of us went back for seconds!

Swiss Chard, Spinach and Rice Gratin

and Lisa Oakley sent me this recipe for Roasted Beets and Greens. She said it was awesome, I can't wait to try it! I like the idea of using both the beets and the greens in one dish.

Roasted Beets & Greens Recipe




1 comment: